Portable PCMCIA Audio Solution
Until now, your notebook was about as good as, well... a notebook, when it came down to audio and music production. Not only is your notebook PC worth more, works better, and travels faster, but also it can do everything a desktop can do with the WaMi Box. Fiber optic digital audio on a laptop? Yes, And much, much more ...
With the WaMi Box, your notebook computer turns into a little digital recording studio - literally. Packaged in a palm-sized case, it contains most of the things you need to write & produce music. Equipped with optical and coaxial S/PDIF, 2 in 4 out A/D/A, a MIDI interface, 64-voice programmable multi-timbral synth, mic pre-amp, and a 4-channel internal mixer, about the only thing that isn't self-contained is the recording medium, which your notebook supplies. It even includes professional quality digital signal processors, which you can use on audio input channels and MIDI sounds. As amazing as all this may sound, its sound quality is equally, if not more, amazing.
The WaMi Box contains an RISC-based 50 MIPS DSP engine which you'll only find on top-quality professional devices. With 16 MB of internal RAM, you can sample, edit and playback big sound files with ease. The updated WaMi Box driver V.2 offers the ASIO driver for supported applications and MME and DirectSound as well. The provided ED!SON software can be used for editing soundfonts according to your taste.
Just read the specs and you will realize that the WaMi Box is a serious little box with a big punch. So if you thought your notebook PC could only do MIDI, think again. Now, think about doing some serious audio and music production - literally on your laptop.
- 20-bit Analog to Digital Converter
- 20-bit Digital to Analog Converter about 98dB dynamic range
- Analog 2 In / 4 Out -10dBV unbalanced with Gold-tipped RCA jacks
- S/PDIF Coaxial & Optical Digital In/Out
- Real-time Hardware Sample-Rate Converter(48 to 44.1)
- Mic Preamp with effects
- Gold-tipped 1/4" jacks Mic Input
- full LED Display; 9 large Activity Indicators
- 32 Channel MIDI Operation; 16 ch Internal and 16ch External
- Multiple sample rates - 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- Full Duplex: 2 Ch. Record/4 Channel Playback simultaneousely
- Uses standard PCMCIA socket - DMA Channel not required
- 16 MB onboard RAM for Synth & Sampler
- High perfomance Audio DSP based Internal Mixer
- 17 Delay lines for resonance-free stereo effects
- Up to 64-voice, 16 multi-timbral professional sampler
- MPU-401 (UART)1 In/1 Out MIDI Interface
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Supports Windows MME, DirectSound, ASIO driver
- Windows 95/98 compatible
- Windows XP/2000 supported with limited features